Planning & Zoning
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19
Out of an abundance of caution in response to COVID-19 and the need to limit personal contact between City staff and the public, the City of Spring Hill Planning Department has issued the following guidelines effective November, 2020 and that shall remain in effect until further notice. If you plan to submit an application to the Spring Hill Planning Department for an upcoming agenda, please note the following:
- As of May 18, 2020, the Planning Offices are open and following social distancing procedures. All applications and revisions are able to be dropped off at our office. For the protection of staff, visitors and citizens of Spring Hill, the City requests that all visitors wear a mask or some type of facial covering upon entry into the building.
- All pre-application and staff level meetings will continue to be held virtually through Microsoft Teams. If you are interested in scheduling a meeting with staff, please contact the Associate Planner, Austin Page.
- Applications should be submitted in person. If the applicant wishes to be submit applications electronically, the city will still gladly accept. We request that applicants send an email to Austin Page including directions for where the application package (all materials typically submitted and required on the application checklist) may be downloaded (Examples are Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.). Paper copies will need to be mailed and should arrive no later than the applicant deadlines. Failing to meet this requirement will defer your application to the following month. All application materials should be provided through this site, including but not limited to, completed application form(s), background and supporting documents, plan drawings, aerial imagery, and any other information required for the application type and as listed in the checklist. All files (documents and plans) should be named to reflect the type and purpose of the electronic file. Information should be provided in a PDF format.
- As of November, 2020, all Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals meetings will be held in person at City Hall (199 Town Center Parkway). If there are any issues or concerns with attending one of these meetings, please contact the Planning Department.
- During the pandemic, the public was not able to provide any live public comment during Planning Commission or Board of Zoning Appeals meetings (due to Virtual Meetings). The City created email addresses for the public to submit their comments. If you are not able to attend a public meeting, please submit your comments by noon of the meeting date. For the Planning Commission, comments should be emailed to PCPublicComment@springhilltn.org and BOZAPublicComment@springhilltn.org for the Board of Zoning Appeals. Emailed comments will not be read publicly at the meeting, but all comments will be included in the published agenda packet.
Planning & Zoning Department Responsibilities
The City of Spring Hill Planning Department is responsible for administering the land use process within the areas of the city. The office is the public point of entry for subdivision, zoning change, conditional use, special use exception, and accessory use requests.
The City of Spring Hill Planning Department supports the City’s Planning Commission and Board of Mayor and Aldermen on land use applications submitted to City government. The department manages all land use applications and schedules public hearings on subdivision, zoning, or other land use requests.
2021 Planning Commission Calendar
2020 Planning Commission Calendar
Bicycle and Greenway Plan with Design Guidelines
Board of Zoning Appeals Application
Crossings Circle Transportation Study
Fire Apparatus Turning Diagram
Major Thoroughfare Plan
Major Thoroughfare Plan - Map
Planning Commission Applications
Plat Certificates for Subdivisions
Open Records Request Form
Small Cell Permit Application
Spring Hill Interactive GIS
"Spring Hill Rising" 2040 Comprehensive Plan
Traffic Impact Study Requirements
Unified Development Code
UDC User Manual
USPS Mail Delivery