Spring Hill Fire Department enforces the 2018 International Fire Code and the 2018 Life Safety Code. The Spring Hill Fire Marshal's Office provides fire alarm and fire sprinkler plans with the initial plan submittal.
The Spring Hill Fire Marshal's Office is here to ensure maximum life safety protection for the public. At the same time, we are here to assist building professionals and property owners construct and maintaining their assets as safely and as cost-efficiently as possible.
Fire Prevention Bureau
The Fire Prevention Bureau strives to protect citizens and the community from fire and other hazardous situations by adhering to Federal and State law, as well as local adopted codes and ordinances. The Fire Prevention Bureau conducts all fire and life safety inspections in the City of Spring Hill and also provides permits and inspections for special events inside the City of Spring Hill.
- investigates fires and accidents. They also provide emergency response and support during incidents.
- collects and analyzes data and maintains records
- Reviews and inspects all new construction and remodeling of commercial buildings in conjunction with the City's Building and Codes Department
- Reviews fire and sprinkler plans for compliance
- Completes plan reviews
- Inspects existing structures to ensure Code compliance
- Permits and inspects all flammable and combustible storage tanks (Class I, II, or III) greater than 60 gallons (above ground, underground, and liquefied petroleum tanks)
- Permits and checks pyrotechnic displays
- Inspects and checks special events for cooking, tents, and large public gatherings
- Gives an on-call fire inspector for emergency situations
- Inspects one- and two-family dwellings upon request